DoD Wounded, Ill, and/or Injured Compensation and Benefits Handbook
U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) Wounded, Ill, and/or Injured Compensation and Benefits Handbook for Service members of the Armed Forces
Information on this page is taken directly from http://warriorcare.dodlive.mil
The DoD Compensation and Benefits Handbook was published in September 2016 and then updated in January 2017. This handbook is designed to provide service members and their family with a guide to help answer any questions that may arise pertaining to the service members benefits.
The handbook covers a variety of benefits topics including medical care, family and caregiver support, pay and allowances, disability, social security, and reintegration into civilian life.
This handbook is a living document, updated annually by the DoD's Office of Warrior Care Policy in collaboration with the U.S. Departments of Veterans Affairs, Labor, Health and Human Services, Education, as well as the Social Security Administration and the U.S. Military Services.
Reorganized chapters mirror a Service member's journey from point of wound, illness, and/or injury through recovery and transition:
- Chapter 1: Recovery
- Chapter 2: Your Medical Care
- Chapter 3: Family and Caregiver Support
- Chapter 4: DoD Pay and Allowances
- Chapter 5: Disability Evaluation
- Chapter 6: DoD Disability Compensation
- Chapter 7: Social Security Benefits
- Chapter 8: The Survivor Benefits Plan (SBP)
- Chapter 9: Reintegration into Civilian Life
- Chapter 10: Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Benefits